PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

Yodykat
12-08-2015, 01:46 AM
I'm a not sure if this is the proper place for this, but I figured everyone here has the most experience with the retractable hardtops. We have a 57 skyliner retractable hardtop which was my Dad's baby that he bought new. He passed away 14 years ago and it has been sitting in the garage ever since. My Mom has now gotten to the point where she will have to move in with us. We don't have the room for and it really needs someone who will love it. My Dad was working on it. The transmission is laying under the car. Body looks very straight (no rust). Interior almost perfect. Chrome needs to be rechromed. So, my question is should we pay to have it restored and sell it or go ahead and sell it as is? The next question: how much either way and what site is the best? Any help is appreciated, feeling little overwhelmed with everything.

Ford Only
12-08-2015, 08:37 AM
My advice would be to sell it unless you are really attached to it. The cost to restore it will exceed its finished value unless you can do a lot of the work yourself. I don't think that it would be worth more than $10,000 in its present condition & could be worth a lot less but without seeing it or to have a bunch a pictures to look at I could only guess as to what it should sell for.