PDA

View Full Version : Installing Door Panels

Finster
05-18-2015, 08:43 AM
Hi,
I am installing new door panels on my car - I have the arm rests fitted and am ready to go.

What is the best way to put the clips on to the door panels. I tried one or two and I noticed they leave a slight bulging mark on the good side of the panel. The clips I put in are tight and I'm not pushing too much. I guess since the panels are freshly glued to the board everything is snug.
Any industry secret suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

Ford Only
05-19-2015, 02:31 PM
That usually happens when you don't have perfect alignment with the clip to the hole, when you push the panel in the clip goes in crooked and the end will show as a bulge on the door panel.
I have fought this on many door panels I don't have a good solution, you can try moving the clips for better alinement they need to be perfectly lined up before you push the panel in. If you have to move them
to get them to go into the hole, it will probably show when you push it in.
I have cut some thin pieces of roofing tin and glued the tin in place so the clip is on metal rather than the door panel material but unless you have near perfect alignment they are going to show
when you have the door panel pushed on.
You may want to try a little heat form a hair dryer to the vinyl after you have them installed that may smooth the vinyl out unless the clip is pushed against it.