PDA

View Full Version : Problem with top - HELP

Suainie
04-10-2015, 12:07 PM
I just acquired my 59 Skyliner a few weeks ago. The top worked flawlessly before I got it home. When I try to erect the top I have a problem initially that the top goes about 3/4 of the way up and stops. If I reverse it a little and try forward again it usually goes okay; however, after the top tightens down I can hear relays clicking but the trunk flap does not activate. I have accessed the solenoids and can close the trunk flap with a jumper wire on the solenoid and then the trunk lid closes okay. I have removed the front header trim and the relays on both sides are clicking after the top is screwed down okay. Where do I start from here?

Dave Owens
04-10-2015, 10:25 PM
4 switches must open to stop the 3 lock motors. The roof B switch behind the LH door farthest contacts from plunger, the roof erect switch behind the RH door 3rd set of contacts, and the C & D switches in the front roof header farthest contacts from plunger. With your roof firmly locked down, adjust these 4 switches so the contacts are just opened.

Dave Owens
04-10-2015, 10:28 PM
The switches are in parallel so all 4 must be opened to de-energize the lock motors.

Dave Owens
04-10-2015, 10:29 PM
Since your package tray did not fold likely your problem is with the roof erect switch on the RH side

Suainie
04-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Dave - thanks for the reply to my post. I assume that I have to remove the rear trim panels to access the roof erect switch behind the RH door?

Dave Owens
04-12-2015, 08:56 PM
Yes you will need to remove the rear seat then the panel to gain access to the swtch.