PDA

View Full Version : Help with Hard to Find Carter Carb Part for 57

ACESPACK
10-30-2014, 11:20 AM
Hello,
I recently purchased a 57 Skyliner and although the car runs well I noticed the secondary's are not opening. This carb is the AFB vacuum secondary style; not the Holley. The diaphragm was hard as a rock. Anybody know where I can purchase one? I have searched all over and have failed. I was told the Part # is BTA-9503-C.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

WILLS RESTORATIONS
10-30-2014, 09:22 PM
You would be better off to replace the carter (very rare) with the much more common Ford (Motorcraft 4100). The parts are still readily available & the carb. is not as quirkey as the Carter. I hope this helps.
Bill

ACESPACK
10-31-2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the reply. I don't have the Motorcraft but I do have the correct Holley that was optional. I'm pretty good with those. I just thought I would keep this system together if possible. You'll most likely be right however.

SkylinerRon
02-09-2015, 06:03 PM
Be aware you will have to change all the steel lines (lengths)
That part # is B7A-9503-C not BTA.

Scicala
02-11-2015, 12:40 PM
Hello,
I recently purchased a 57 Skyliner and although the car runs well I noticed the secondary's are not opening. This carb is the AFB vacuum secondary style; not the Holley. The diaphragm was hard as a rock. Anybody know where I can purchase one? I have searched all over and have failed. I was told the Part # is BTA-9503-C.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Jack

Hello,

If you are still looking for a secondary diaphragm for you're 1957 Ford Carter AFB, they can be purchased at the below link for Mike's Carburetor Parts. They sell just the diaphragm for AFB's ('57 and '58 Ford) and WCFB's ('56 Merc), and needs to be installed on you're current metal rod.

Sal

http://www.carburetor-parts.com/Carter-AFB-WCFB-Carburetor-Secondary-Diaphragm_p_601.html