PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with trunk lid closing

wkvasnicka
07-31-2013, 07:54 AM
After my top screws down, a clicking noise in the top continues while the trunk lid closes. Then, frequently the trunk lid will stop after it starts to screw down. If I play with the switch, with loud clicking from the solonoid area each time I push the switch in and out, it will eventually unscrew or screw all the way down. Is there a way to correct this by an adjustment or do I need to replace something?

Thank you for your help.

Wayne

LowBikeMike
07-31-2013, 01:50 PM
It sounds like you may have more than one issue. You hear the roof looks clicking because either they have bottomed in screws and are ratcheting or may be in a bind. Some ratcheting is normal until all 4 corners lock, then all the switches shoud be closed and motors will stop. You need to double check the switch adjustment on all 4 corners, you will need the service manual that explains the procedure. The deck lid issue could be a deck lid switch or possibly the package tray sagging a bit and stopping the motors. I would suggest walking thru the entire switch adjustment procedure. Most likley you have one or two switches slightly misadjusted and they are causing the whole problem.

wkvasnicka
08-11-2013, 04:31 PM
I do not have the expertise or the tools. I would like to hire someone to give me a hand. I live less than an hour from Roanoke, VA. If you can help my e-mail is wlk1941@aol.com or cell number 540-420-9039. Thanks, Wayne