PDA

View Full Version : Current Market Vaue of a Skyliner

Finster
07-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Hi,
Can anyone give me the realistic current market value for a 1959 Ford Skyliner. I use the term realistic becasue I can look at the NADA value but I would like to know what the real and expected going prices are and not what some analysts is quoting.

I know there are a lot of variables when rating a Skyliner as I have been the owner of one for 12 years. I am really looking for a price range.

I am thinking of selling mine and I noticed there have not been too many for sale over the last year or two. I was trying to determine if thats becasue the market is too low right now so most owners are holding on to them or if most people just dont want to sell.
Thanks

Dave Owens
07-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Here is what I have seen from ads, auctions and the like. Many cars that are driven, and enjoyed are likely a #3 car. Values for #3 Skyliners are in the upper $20's. Value for a #2 car which most people would consider perfect is around $40. #1 cars (example = Showcase) are nearly flawless. Price for those cars are in the 60's but can go much higher or lower depending on options, color, etc.