PDA

View Full Version : roof air leak

jhubbell
04-23-2013, 02:49 PM
My roof has a pretty good breeze coming thru where the roof and windshield meet It looks like there is a little crimp right in the center front of the top. Not sure how to fix that or even if it can be fixed. could I double the roof seal rubber to shop the leak? and sometimes when I put the roof up the trunk lid stops before it has fully closed Any Ideas how to fix or adjust that?? I noticed an add in this months Skyline for a book and tape on the skyliner roof adjustments anyone have this book? if so what is your review?:confused:

LowBikeMike
04-23-2013, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure I understand your comment about the crimp in the center of the front of the roof, but, does your roof has both seals on the front edge? If not, that might be part of your problem.

The deck lid stopping before it is fully closed with the top up is most likely a problem with the package tray sagging and the package tray switch opening up. Next time it stops, instead of reversing the motor and raising the deck lid, push up on the right edge of the package tray where the switch is and see it that restarts the deck lid down. You will need someone on the switch while you are doing this.

jhubbell
04-24-2013, 12:19 PM
thanks I'll try that. the crimp = right in the center of the roof when the top is on is the spot when most of the wind comes in... at that spot the inside chrome trim on the roof (not the windshield) looks bent. it is a sharp bend like you get when you twist a piece of chrome. the roof was put down once and the right side missed the slot and was screwed down with the roof screw on the out side of the windshield. that's my guess as to when it happened