PDA

View Full Version : Seek New Gas Tank Source

TonyC
11-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I need a new gas tank for my '57 Retractable. I will not use sealant OR any type of repair because of the many horror stories of others. Quanta Products (gastanks.com) does not have them for Retractables. I notice Councours Parts advertises one in the "Skyliner" and have any of you bought one of theirs? Is there another choice? Where else can I find a new one? and NOT from China.

Thanks,

Tony in New Braunfels, TX
'57 Skyliner, member IFRC (with a Quanta gas tank)
'56 T-Bird, member CTCI

TonyC
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
Forgive me, the Quanta gas tank is on my '56 T-Bird, NOT on my '57 Skyliner.

Dave Owens
11-21-2011, 02:10 PM
The tank Concours Parts sells fit perfectly in my 58 Skyliner. It is powder coated silver versus galvanized as the original was. Other than that a very good replica. Previously I had cleaned and sealed my old tank with POR's gas tank kit. It worked for 5 years then started to peel.

smcwilliams
11-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Those tanks work fine. I have one in a 59 skyliner.

59fliptop
12-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Tony:
Terry or Jerry Miller (Jerry's Classic Cars & Parts,Inc) Springdale, AR sell a replacement gas tank for retracs. Basically that is what Jerry and Terry do for a living (retracts and conv) their email jerrysclassiccar@aol.com, phone 1-800-828-4584. I have bought a lot of stuff and had them do work for me and have been satisfied.
Merry Christmas
Joe W
Kansas

TonyC
12-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied. I found a gas tank source and received the tank about 2 - 3 weeks ago. Could NOT find one made in the U.S.A. so had to get one made in C..., you know where. :mad: