PDA

View Full Version : How to remove a dashboard

Finster
10-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Hi all,
I have a 59 Skyliner and in preparing for the winter I would like to strip and paint my dashboard and trim inside the car. Is there some type of step by step cheat sheet on how to remove the dashboard? How about uninstalling and then re-installing the trim? Any guidance would help as this is a daunting task.
Thanks

WILLS RESTORATIONS
10-12-2011, 08:06 PM
I have done this several times. I will try to walk you thru it. Unhook the battery, remove all the wiring from behind the cluster, then remove the cluster(3 screws in front, 2 nuts behind, speedo cable). Remove steering wheel, dis-connect turn signal switch, remove column floor pieces, remove colmn to dash bracket, remove column. Dis-connect heater cables, vent cable, & wiper control cable. Remove ign. & h.l. Switches. Disconnect all remaining dash wiring. Remove inside windshield trim. The dash is now ready to remove: 2 bolts on either side at the bottom, all small bolts along top(under ws trim). Once the dash is out, it is very easy to remove everything else from behind. If you have any further questions, ask. Good luck.
Bill