PDA

View Full Version : Air Cleaner

Zuber
06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Here's another paint color question. What is the correct color for the air cleaner on a 352 in a '58? I've found info on the web saying that a Duplicolor Almond is the closest and talked to other people that told me to look for a more of a white or off-white. Looking at pictures of restored cars online, I've seen what looks like all three of those colors on different restorations. Any advice would be appreciated. The exact brand/color that I need would be appreciated even more.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Z.

skylinerman58
06-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Here's another paint color question. What is the correct color for the air cleaner on a 352 in a '58? I've found info on the web saying that a Duplicolor Almond is the closest and talked to other people that told me to look for a more of a white or off-white. Looking at pictures of restored cars online, I've seen what looks like all three of those colors on different restorations. Any advice would be appreciated. The exact brand/color that I need would be appreciated even more.

Thanks in advance,

Kent Z.

Hi Kent: I have done this. At the nationals in Clarksville ( 2008 ) a judge informed me that my air breather was incorrect it was a 57 & black was not right also... So finding a thin correct one, sandblasting, rust inhibiter, primer, 712 Hour's now to find the correct paint..? Everyone I have talk to said the E code or Colonal white you can't go wrong..? The paint code's have been publised in the skyliner I have them somewhere I'll try to find them & pass along...P.S. When I finished this & installed my new creation as I turned the wing nut clockwise the gas pedal advanced. Long story short the carb was a 57 & the accellerator pump was on the top instead of the front of the carb...Good luck Kent..

Zuber
06-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the info. I did some more searching with this information and saw that Wimbledon White is supposed to be a replacement for Colonial White. I can find Wimbledon white in a spray can at the local auto parts store, but it's a lacquer. Will a lacquer be able to stand up to the temperatures in the engine compartment? I know the air cleaner doesn't get as hot as a manifold, but I assumed it would get too hot for a lacquer exterior paint. Am I completely off base on this? Ideally I would like to find paint that comes in a spray can to make life easier since I don't have the gear needed to spray it any other way.

Thanks again for the advice,

Kent Z.

topgone57
06-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info. I did some more searching with this information and saw that Wimbledon White is supposed to be a replacement for Colonial White. I can find Wimbledon white in a spray can at the local auto parts store, but it's a lacquer. Will a lacquer be able to stand up to the temperatures in the engine compartment? I know the air cleaner doesn't get as hot as a manifold, but I assumed it would get too hot for a lacquer exterior paint. Am I completely off base on this? Ideally I would like to find paint that comes in a spray can to make life easier since I don't have the gear needed to spray it any other way.

Thanks again for the advice,

Kent Z.

Try automotivetouchup.com for Colonial White

fliptop58
06-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Hi Zuber, I allready have one painted in Colonial White, and decaled correctly if you are interested. Or I can paint your's, I have the equipment and paint. email me at: greghumble@hotmail.com and we'll discuss. I can send pic's also. Just thought this might help.