PDA

View Full Version : My turn to need help. Part 2

zrone90
10-09-2019, 10:19 AM
I started a new post on my problem to bring attention to another problem. Today I went to put the top down and it did not work properly. The screws engaged but would not pull the deck down tight. I put a little pressure on the deck and it screwed down tight and the light went out. Then I went to raise the deck and it only went up one inch and started bouncing on the screws. I am going to need my helper to come home so I can pull up on the deck while she works the switch.

Still have the other problem with the roof up deck stops about a 3 or 4 inches before closing and the screws do not touch the holders.
I tried adjusting the tray switch and the deck position b switch as well as the metal tab.
I watched all four volumes about the top, they were helpful and I learned a lot, but not enough to fix this.
One other thing that I did not mention was I had a body shop realign the deck lid to get the gaps right. The problem started after this. I do not see how this small mechanical adjustment could cause this problem. It did work right for a short while after this.

zrone90
10-09-2019, 02:05 PM
I did some more adjusting of the deck position b switch. I finally got it to open and close on its own. Now the deck comes down and the locks engage. The only problem is the drivers side comes down slower and the right side ratchets until the drivers side is down. The red light also goes out before the drivers side is down.
I also adjusted The lock nut and screw so they line up but the deck tends to pop up on the drivers side
Thanks everyone for the help

oldave57
10-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Congrats on getting things solved as far as you have. Sounds like you have it pretty well solved. It does seem like the deck lid jack screws might not be in sync (maybe after the adjustment made by the shop to correct gaps). You should be able to get those pretty close together by disconnecting one side and then adjusting the screw slightly (might have to pull the cable drive from one side, turn that side a bit through the cable drive which is a square drive, and then re-insert the cable after adjustment). I don't think there is any other adjustment on the deck lid jack screws than to turn the main screw slightly until the pair are the same length. It sounds like the passenger side screw is slightly shorter causing that side of the lid to close first, so you could either lengthen that side or shorten the driver's side to get them to close together.

zrone90
10-10-2019, 03:14 PM
Will check that out................................Thanks