PDA

View Full Version : our 1959

heikkisky
10-06-2016, 01:11 PM
Here's a photo of our 1959. After three months of waiting it finally got the Finnish black&white retro plates a week ago.

Last weekend (1.-2. October) we participated "X-Treme Car Show / Jenkkiautonäyttely" car show here in Finland and got third prize in the Classic Cars class. That was quite a surprise as I think our car is more like a driver than a show car. It's one of the biggest indoor car shows here in Finland and it was quite a high class show with several hundreds of cars.

The main purpose wasn't exhibit the Skyliner but just promote our annual Big Wheels event.

http://whitewall.fi/cxj13.jpg

droptopford
10-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Beautiful car... and a nice display!

zrone90
10-07-2016, 08:45 AM
Very nice car. I love the blue and white. Classy display with the rug

heikkisky
10-18-2016, 12:07 AM
Soon it's time to drive '59 to the garage for the winter. Here's a pic from last weekend when we participated a new car show where they wanted "something old" in addition to all the new 2017 Audis, BMWs and Toyotas. Ours was the only Ford on location but it still kept the FoMoCo flag flying high :)

http://whitewall.fi/cxj13b.jpg

heikkisky
05-13-2017, 03:39 AM
We upgraded the lighting to get better visibility. Headlights are LED H4's with significally more light than the original sealed beams or regular H4's. The parking lights have been converted to use LED bulbs too and they work both as parking lights and daylight running lights as using headlights or DRLs is always required here in Finland. Another upgrade was to have turn signals blink with European style amber light. It's not required here but I have noticed other drivers didn't always notice the clear turn signals so I thought the amber ones would be safer. All upgrades are reversible so switching to the original bulbs is possible. And because LEDs use a lot less power than original bulbs, the original wiring didn't need any upgrade.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT3Zw3-gTub/

droptopford
05-13-2017, 01:45 PM
I checked out your upgrade video. Thanks for posting.
The headlights and parking lights definitely look a lot brighter than the stock originals. I don't quite understand how you got white parking lights and amber turn signals without changing any wiring.?.

heikkisky
05-13-2017, 02:22 PM
The original parking light bulb has two wires inside it, another is light up when parking lights and both light up with turn signal.

The new LED bulb has both white and amber LEDs in the same bulb. With the parking lights on only the white LEDs light up and the turn signal activates the amber LEDs and shuts down the white LEDs.

So no new wiring needed, the LED bulb handles it all.

droptopford
05-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Again...Thanks.
(I posted a reply to this thread this morning. Like many other posts, replies etc, it has since disappeared. There seem to be lots of I/T issues on this forum.)

Administrator
05-15-2017, 08:35 PM
There were issues with posts getting lost in February because of issues related to switching to a new web hosting provider. The new web hosting provider did not communicate the upcoming changes and many customers had issues. Outside of that I am unaware of problems with posts or replies disappearing. Please report issues and I'll try to track down problems. Thank you.

ezheimer
11-17-2017, 11:43 PM
How or where in this forum do I post a 1958 Fairlane 500 retractable Hardtop that we want to sell?
This is my first posting - and I'm just learning?

Finster
11-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Hi,
I would just post it to the main forum with a for sale description in the title.

You can also contact the editor and place an ad in the monthly Skyliner magazine.

You can go to the Contact Us section or even start out with Gail via the information below.

Membership Chairperson
Gail Chase
6059 Darby Road
Cicero, NY 13039
Phone: (315) 877-6553
E-mail: 0IFRC.Office@skyliner.org

1959retractable
11-23-2017, 04:16 PM
I've seen some Skyliners sell on the Facebook pages. They were posted to the 1957-1959 Ford Skyliners page. The IFRC's club page is a little more difficult in that our posts don't show on the home page. You must click on the sidebar to view other sections to see what people post to that page.

lighttones
12-06-2017, 07:04 AM
It's a beauty!

1959retractable
12-13-2017, 06:03 PM
You can post it here but you may also want to consider posting an ad in the Skyliner magazine and on the 1957 - 1959 Skyliner page on Facebook.